Children of xbinc:Include

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 17:06:07 -0500
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

At today's F2F I was asked to take a cut at formulating the allowed
children of xbinc:Include, using the query data model [1].  Here's a first
cut.  In general, I've adapted the definition text in the DM working draft
and made it, where necessary, more specific to xbinc:Include.  We should
probably do a similar job for all other Miffy constructs.  I think it's
straightforward once you get the hang of it.

Returns a sequence of zero or one base URIs.  Because the CID scheme used
for xbinc:href attribute values does not allow for relative URI references,
any URI returned as a base will be ignored for purposes of Miffy

Returns "element".

Returns xbinc:Include (as an xs:QName)

Returns the value of the parent property.

The characters comprising the URI that identifies the "extracted content"
stream corresponding to the replaced data.

There is currently some discussion between the Query and Schema WGs as to
the formulation of typed-values for URIs.  We should check what's
recommended and do it.  There are no special Miffy issues here, just a need
to treat URIs in whatever way Schema and Query decide they should be

Returns xs:anyURI

Returns the value of the children property.

Returns the value of the attributes property, which must contain a single
attribute node representing the xbinc:href attribute.

Returns the value of the namespaces property. The namespaces defined must
include at least one definition which has as its URI property the {xbinc
namespace URI here}, so that the include attribute can be serialized.  That
definition may but need not be for the default namespace.

Returns false.

Each of the above accessors is defined in the data model  working draft at

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-datamodel/

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street