xbinc:Include and identity

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:08:55 -0400
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

I'd like to restart the stalled thread[1] on "Proposed Infoset Addendum
to SOAP Messages with Attachments". I don't think the current proposal
fully describes the relationship between attachments and xbinc:Include
elements wrt attachment identity. I'll try to illustrate via an example
(MIME envelope not shown for brevity):

<soap:Envelope xmlns:...>
	<soap:Header>
         <xbinc:DoInclude

soap:role='http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-envelope/role/next'
             soap:relay='true' />
		<n:data

soap:role='http://www.w3.org/2002/12/soap-envelope/role/next'
             soap:relay='true' >
			<n:photo1 xmime:MediaType='image/png'>
				<xbinc:Include href='cid:http://example.org/me.png' />
			</n:photo1>
		</n:data>
	</soap:Header>
	<soap:Body>
		<m:data'>
			<m:photo1 xmime:MediaType='image/png'>
				<xbinc:Include href='cid:http://example.org/me.png' />
			</m:photo1>
		</m:data>
	</soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

Note that the same image is referenced from a header block and the body.

Some questions:

(i) If this message passes through an intermediary should I expect the
values of the href attributes to be preserved along with the
corresponding content-ID and/or content-location fields in the MIME
envelope?
(ii) After passing through an intermediary should I expect there to
remain a single attachment or is the intermediary at liberty to
reserialize each instance of the xbinc:Include as separate attachments ?
(iii) If an intermediary encrypts the header containing the attachment
should I expect the attachment in the body to also be encrypted ?

Marc.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2003Apr/0003.html

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>