Re: Modelling the sender as a node that does processing & Handling comments in SOAP

I think this has been overtaken by our decision yesterday, which is
largely consistent with the direction suggested in your note.  Yes, I was
concerned that we hadn't explicitly considered whether initial senders
need send comments (because many implementations don't in fact like to
store a complete DOM, but to use some more SOAP-optimized internal
representations of wire formats.)  That said, I think we've made a
reasonable decision, which is to clarify at least in our minutes that
senders must indeed preserve comments, except insofar as changes are
allowed by the Infoset relay rules.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

"Jean-Jacques Moreau" <jean-jacques.moreau@crf.canon.fr>