RE: Request for some explanatory primer text on CR issue 420

>> One such mechanism is looking for the base URI in the encapsulating
protocol in
which the SOAP message may be embedded for transport.

Suggestion:

One such mechanism is for the protocol binding to establish a base URI,
possibly by reference to the encapsulating protocol in which the SOAP
message is embedded for transport.

The original seems to suggest that this is all rather informal.  My
feeling is that the rest of SOAP sees what the binding establishes.  If
the binding establishes a base URI, then there is one.  One obvious way
for a binding specification to do that is to draw on the mechanisms of the
protocol it's using.   BTW:  is this something that the HTTP binding
should do (I.e. establish a base?)  Not sure.  Probably not worth worrying
about this late in the game.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

"Nilo Mitra (EUS)" <Nilo.Mitra@am1.ericsson.se>