RE: Streaming and Well-Formedness

From: Champion, Mike <Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:06:23 -0500
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

> IMO, this is one of several evidences that choice of XML as
> the envelope
> format is not ideal unless you reinvent things.   It works well for a
> set of small tightly intertwined modules, but for large independent
> ones, XML and tools do not fit the desired processing models, because
> XML is not so good at isolation.

Right ... so what's the best way forward?  Let WS be constrained   by the
limitations of XML? Reinvent Web services to diverge from XML? or
reinvent/revise/refactor XML to take into consideration the lessons of Web
services?  I tend to favor the latter, but there is something to be said for
divergence.  Either is going to to launch a thousand email threads and
create much fodder for the pundits to chew on.