Re: LC Issue 250: closed, editorial: text changed

(left xmlpComments off, as we don't usually use it for discussion)

I think Joseph's position is clear now.  I don't feel strongly one way or
the other:  I think the spec is OK as it stands, but (other than some
slight concern about adding to the length a bit) I have no real problem
with pulling together the definitions as Joseph suggests.  This does seem
to me to be a question on which the WG should take a stand (as opposed to
us editors proceeding), particularly since I think it represents at least
a bit of a change to a resolution earlier agreed to.

So, should we suggest that Joseph's proposal be put before the WG?  If so,
I expect to be more or less neutral, but would strongly argue that the
editors should have some license to revise the details to improve the flow
of the resulting text.  Thanks.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>