Re: Issue: Table 17 (Spec part 2, 7.5.1.2) discrepancies

On Friday, Sep 20, 2002, at 11:30 US/Eastern, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
wrote:

> The only comment here is similar to what I suggested to Herve which is
> that we should
> express it in terms of SOAP messages rather than the content type:
>
> <ProposedByMarc>
> In these cases the transition is dependent on the media type of the
> response. If the media type does not correspond to a SOAP message the
> next state is Fail. If the media type corresponds to a SOAP message the
> next state is Sending+Receiving.
> </ProposedByMarc>
>
> <ProposedFriendlyAmmendment>
> In these cases the transition is dependent on whether a SOAP message is
> present in the HTTP response. If a SOAP message is present, the next
> state is "Sending+Receiving"; otherwise the next state is "Fail".
> </ProposedFriendlyAmmendment>

Yes, I prefer your version.

>> Question: should we add Sending+Receiving as a possible next state for
>> any of the other failure oriented status codes in table 17 ?
>
> I think it is fine as is as the other status codes are already
> described
> by HTTP.

OK, I guess we are at least self consistent since a conforming node
would only produce 400 or 500 for faults as specified in table 23.

Marc.

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
XML Technology Center, Sun Microsystems.