Re: Issue 302: Graph edges that do not terminate

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: 17 Sep 2002 09:59:16 +0200
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
Cc: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>, Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, XMLP Dist App <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

 Noah,
 sorry I'm replying this late.
 I think that per the serialization rules it may be exactly as you're
writing, the problem is that before the editor's (Gudge's) copy with
inbound-only and outbound-only edges such edges were not allowed -
because the common understanding of a graph is that there are nodes and
that edges always connect two nodes; and the Data Model didn't say that
the graphs were not the common graphs.
 Best regards

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect, Systinet Corporation