Re: New AFTF draft.

Jean-Jacques Moreau writes:

>> My assumption so far was that the SOAP processor
>> and the "packaging module" would be one and the
>> same thing, i.e. an extended SOAP processor;
>> but I agree they could indeed be kept
>> separate.

Let's keep in mind that SOAP does not discuss implementations.  It
presents wire formats and describes their interpretation, in this case as
a primary envelope with linked non-envelope parts.  How code is
structured, combined, etc. is beyond the scope of our specifications.  The
term node is therefore a catchall for that block box that you build that
receives or sends SOAP messages.  How you structure it is up to you, and
may be different from the way I do it.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

"Jean-Jacques Moreau" <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Sent by: xml-dist-app-request@w3.org
09/13/02 06:54 AM

        To:     "John J. Barton" <John_Barton@hpl.hp.com>
        cc:     David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>, "'Christopher B Ferris'"
<chrisfer@us.ibm.com>, "'Henrik Frystyk Nielsen'" <henrikn@microsoft.com>,
"'Carine Bournez'" <carine@w3.org>, "'Herve Ruellan'"
<ruellan@crf.canon.fr>, xml-dist-app@w3.org, "'Yves Lafon'"
<ylafon@w3.org>, (bcc: Noah Mendelsohn/Cambridge/IBM)
        Subject:        Re: New AFTF draft.

Interesting perspective. I think what you call a SOAP module is
what we call a SOAP processor; SOAP 1.2 defines a module as the
SOAP header block implementing a given SOAP feature (e.g.
authentication). My assumption so far was that the SOAP processor
and the "packaging module" would be one and the same thing, i.e.
an extended SOAP processor; but I agree they could indeed be kept
separate.

Jean-Jacques.