Re: Issue 356: Allow unqualified elements as children of Body

From: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:56:57 -0400
Cc: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>, "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
To: "Henrik Frystyk Nielsen" <henrikn@microsoft.com>

On Thursday, Sep 12, 2002, at 14:35 US/Eastern, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
wrote:

> Proposal
> --------
>
> I think we can clarify the current text by making the changes below.
> From a semantic POW, I think these changes are in line with what we
> have
> now and so I don't see them as more than clarifications.
>
> 1) We do NOT require namespace qualification of immediate children of
> the Body EII but add a note that this is recommended. That is, we
> change
>
> 	Zero or more namespace qualified element
> 	information items in its [children] property.

> 	Zero or more element information items in its
> 	[children] property. Such element information
> 	items MAY be namespace qualified.
>
> 	Note: Even though it is not a requirement of
> 	this specification, it is strongly recommended
> 	that children element information item be
> 	namespace qualified.

I like the direction of this proposal. In the spirit of a friendly
amendment I would remove the 'element' from the first paragraph above
such that it reads:

   Zero or more information items in its
   [children] property. Such child element
   information items MAY be namespace
   qualified.

This generalizes the description of the Body EII to explicitly allow
other types of EII.

Marc.

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
XML Technology Center, Sun Microsystems.