RE: Issue 358: Length of URIs

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:55:37 -0700
To: "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

In general, I would agree with this. As further justification, we might
want to add a few things that makes a MUST requirement hard to enforce:

1) We don't enforce any max number of URIs to be used in a SOAP message
which could then be interpreted as saying that we require infinite
buffering on a SOAP node.

2) Related to 1), we don't enforce any max size on a SOAP message itself

3) The current text makes it clear that "Any SOAP node MUST be able to
handle the length of any URI that it publishes" so we do have a MUST
requirement for any given SOAP node.

Henrik

[3] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/2/06/LC/soap12-part1.xml#useofuris