Re: Issue 302: Graph edges that do not terminate

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:06:39 -0400
To: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
Cc: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>, Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>, XMLP Dist App <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

I agree with everything you wrote regarding RPC and encodings that run
into headers.  I was only responding to your original suggestion that in
the case of RPC, there could be at most one root.  My interpretation is:
"yes" insofar as you do know where to start decoding the method name and
arguments, but "no" in the sense that a header could in principle
introduce another sourceless edge into the node (I.e. typically the
struct) that holds the arguments.  I agree this is more or less harmless,
but in this sense there can be more than one root, I think.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142