RE: Issue 356: Allow unqualified elements as children of Body

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 00:35:08 -0400
To: "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org

Martin Gudgin writes:

>> I see no reason why the descendants of a
>> body element be required to conform to
>> the restrictions on the body element itself

Absolutely.  No question that's what we're trying to say.  The question is
whether the existing presentation of those elements is unambiguous on this
point.  We're quite careful in most cases to say exactly what is and isn't
allowed, and here we don't really say, I think.  Not sure it's a problem,
but was curious whether anyone else read it as I did.  Thanks.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142