RE: Problem with resolution of Issue 221

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 18:57:06 -0400 (EDT)
To: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
cc: Andrew Layman <andrewl@microsoft.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

While I prefer that 1.2 change as little from 1.1 as possible, and
therefore prefer that PI's still remain illegal, it is fairly easy for me
to imagine a use-case.

Imagine a digital notary service that timestamped XML documents, such as
might be provided by an Iron Mountain-style archive service.  Those might
be human-viewable documents to be rendered using a <?stylesheet directive,
sent to the archive via SOAP in doc/literal format.
	/r$