W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > xml-dist-app@w3.org > November 2002

SOAP Implementers Report

From: David Fallside <fallside@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:34:52 -0800
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Message-ID: <OFF81079FA.0E0A775A-ON88256C69.005D60AA@boulder.ibm.com>

Representatives from the SOAP implementers listed on the summary page
[http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/2/03/soap1.2implementation.html] held a
telcon
yesterday (Nov 5) to discuss status. Here is a brief report from that
meeting.

1. Present: Systinet (Jacek), Apache (Glen), Microsoft (Henrik, Jon, Alex),
TIBCO (Don, Joe,
Xan), BEA (Manoj), XMLP Chair (David)

2. Major changes to feature list:
-- delete 1.3
-- delete 6, duplicate of 19
-- delete 24, duplicate of 27.*
-- delete 25, duplicate of 27.5
-- replace 29 with 29.1 "Support Literal"
-- delete 76, duplicate of 27.5
-- replace 77 with 77.1 "implementation supports decoding faults
dataEncodingUnknown"
-- add 77.2 "implementation supports decoding faults data encoding faults:
missingID, untypedValue"
-- add new feature "support nodeType attribute information item"
-- add new feature "support encodingStyle attribute information item value
'http://.../none'"
-- add new feature "support relay attribute information item"
-- in addition, some feature descriptions are changed

4. Next steps
-- the meeting focussed on making sure the feature list is complete, and
everyone committed to
providing an updated report of their implementations' feature coverage
within 7 days of a new
list being published.
-- the purpose of a next meeting is to evaluate the coverage of existing
SOAPBuilders tests over
the new feature list (based on a report to be submitted by Henrik) to
determine interoperability,
and to determine what tests to use to determine interoperability for all
remaining features. The next
meeting will obtain dates from participants for when they will complete
interop tests, and schedule
the next implementers meeting.
-- another telcon is scheduled for next week, details will be sent directly
to attendees (and copied to
the member list)

5. Action items
-- Henrik to determine which SOAPBuilders tests can be applied to the
features in Table 2. Due
tuesday 12 Nov.
-- David to query Ansih re recyling of assertion numbers
-- Henrik to post a question to dist-app asking about 2nd sentence in
feature 60
-- Jacek to post to dist-app implications of XMLP f2f meeting HTTP decision
for feature 33
-- Glen to post to dist-app a question about keeping spec text re. Must
allow headers  to contain
additional information in RPC context
-- Don to set up next telcon

............................................
David C. Fallside, IBM
Ext Ph: 530.477.7169
Int  Ph: 544.9665
fallside@us.ibm.com
Received on Wednesday, 6 November 2002 13:39:43 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:59:11 GMT