Re: [getf] Proposal for Web-friendly representation of RPC's in SOAP

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 20:40:10 -0400
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Cc: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com, xml-dist-app@w3.org

A big +1 to all of that, though I personally don't see the problem with
discussing RPC in the context of SOAP since most developers have already
made that association in their heads, and in the code they write.  As
long as we're clear about the relationships.

FWIW, I've also observed that "RPC" to many SOAP and WSDL developers
means returning structs and arrays and the like, not whether or not a
method is included in the body.  "Document style" is where a method
is included in the body, but the response includes a more typical
document.  We need to be wary of this when discussing this topic.
See http://www.xmethods.net for some examples.

MB