Re: [WhenToUseGet-7] Re: TAG document: SOAP HTTP GET binding avai lable

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 11:21:10 -0700
To: "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Williams, Stuart wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Personnally, I prefer the Content-Location approach.

On reflection, I think I disagree, and favor the URL-encoding approach.
  I agree the Content-location approach is slightly (but only slightly)
architecturally cleaner, but I want to go with URL-encoding for one
simple reason: Content-location requires that that extra implementation
work be done on the server side, whereas URL-encoding can be had for
free.  Given the way the world works, the extra work just won't get done
most times, and the negative effect we're trying to avoid (the universe
of Web Services vanishes from URI-space forever) comes to pass. -Tim