Re: Rewording of section 4.1.2 based upon resolution of issue 195

> Marc Hadley wrote:
>
>>> An RPC response is modeled as a struct where parameter access is by
>>> name or as an array where parameter access is by position. [The
>>> SOAP encoding specification defines no way to directly determine
>>> whether the response is modeled as a struct or as an array.]
>>>

>> Doesn't examination of the response do that: itemType present -
>> array, arraySize present - array, all of the child elements the same
>> name - array otherwise a struct or (perhaps) a generic compound type ?
>

> I believe that all elements of an array are not required to have the
> same name.  While it is a possible indicator, it does not provide a
> sure determination whether the responseis an array or struct.  Neither
> arraySize nor itemType are mandatory, so as with elements having the
> same name, it may or may not be true.

Perfect description of why allowing an array representation is a major
headache!

How is it specified in WSDL (I know that is not the responsibility of
this group but it is the real world) that the return is an array? And,
in this how is it specified that the call has a return value and not
just out/inout arguments? Since the WSDL is the metadata, that is where
we find if there is a return value or not. How is this specified for an
array?

Pete