Re: Issues 12 & 192 (long)

From: Grahame Grieve <grahame@kestral.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 07:58:48 +1100
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

>Hmm, I don't follow.  The difference is that the same entity is
>returned on a 404 versus a 200 response.  If the origin server is
>misconfigured, then that's a problem that needs fixing.  But as a
>client, I can't second guess what I'm told.

right. Even if the HTTP status code is 200, if the application
receives a fault, it really has little choice in practice than to
interpret it as a fault. If one was to insist that a fault was
accompanied by a 4x or 5x response, then the application might
be left in the somewhat ridiculous position of having a fault
that said that the server returned a http OK response but the
soap packet had a fault - instead of simply having the [real]
fault

Grahame