Re: [Fwd: Issue Gudge General a): closed ("split part 2")]

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:23:14 +0100
To: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
CC: "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Paul,

Re. the second (internal) reference, here is the relevant excerpt. I am sorry
you were not able to read it.

Jean-Jacques.

possible new issues. The results of looking at xmlp-comments are as follows;

There is 1 general issue against the spec, 1 issue against Part 1 and two
typos in the Primer as detailed below.

Regards

Martin Gudgin
DevelopMentor

New Issues

General

a) The commentator suggests we split the spec ( like XSL was split ) into
SOAP-Messaging, SOAP-RPC, SOAP HTTP Binding ( and possibly
SOAP-Encoding )[6]

    Comment: Comment seems to be mainly concerned with interoperability,
optionality of pieces and the different perceptions people have of 'what
SOAP is'.

    Resolution: Argue that having part 1 and part 2 is enough of a split.
<snip/>
</quote>