RE: Issue 189: closed

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:13:18 -0500
To: "Henrik Frystyk Nielsen" <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Jean-Jacques Moreau" <moreau@crf.canon.fr>, xml-dist-app@w3.org, "Yves Lafon" <ylafon@w3.org>
Henrik Frystyk Neilsen writes:

>> but in section 5 SOAP Message Construct [1] we include version information

We do?  It says:

"A SOAP message is specified as an XML Infoset that consists of a document
information item with exactly one child, which MUST be the SOAP Envelope
element information item (see 5 SOAP Message Construct)."

Infoset [2] makes clear that [version] is a child of the doc info item.
So, it looks to me like we DON'T have version information.  If that's
intentional, fine.  If not, we need to consider revisions.  I also think
the HTTP binding needs to be clear on how the serialization looks. Thanks!

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/1/10/11/soap12-part1.html#soapenv
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#infoitem.document

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142