Re: issue #192 positions

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:42:25 -0500 (EST)
To: fred.carter@edgility.com (Fred Carter)
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
> I am definitely in the Chris & Jacek camp -- the SOAP:Fault MUST be
> authoritative, and the carrying protocol hints are just those.

For the record, I'm confident that practically everybody is in the
"Chris & Jacek" camp.

This all boils down to the two uses of SOAP, tunneling and chameleon.
Only the latter is consistent with Web architecture, and given all
the uses I've seen of SOAP out there, only the former is used.

Hopefully the opinion of Roy Fielding (as I forwarded), whose views
coincide with mine, will at least give people pause to step back
and really think hard about the Web as an entirely novel distributed
system.

MB