RE: Clarification on use of encodingStyle attribute

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:01:26 -0800
To: "Herve Ruellan" <ruellan@crf.canon.fr>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, <soap@zaks.demon.co.uk>, "Martin Gudgin" <marting@develop.com>

>I think it would be usefull to allow the use of the SOAP Data
>Model and
>of the SOAP Encoding in the content of Header blocks.

This is absolutely intended to be the case! In my proposal, one could
have a header block that looks like this (taken from part 2) showing
that contents of the Transaction header block is encoded according to
SOAP encoding:

<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://www.w3.org/2001/12/soap-envelope" >
 <env:Header>
  <t:Transaction
     xmlns:t="http://example.org/2001/06/tx"
     xsi:type="xs:int"
     env:encodingStyle="http://www.w3.org/2001/12/soap-encoding"
     env:mustUnderstand="1" >
     5
  </t:Transaction>
 </env:Header>
 <env:Body>

However, the Header element information item does itself not follow any
particular encoding and neither does the envelope.

Henrik