Re: Need new MEP for SMTP binding

 Chris,
 I respectfully disagree.
 One way is to specify fire-and-forget MEP (w/o ACKS) and
possibly add acknowledging on top of it. Simple fire-and-forget
transports (like the email framework) will suffice for this.
 An other way is to specify a full one-way-with-ack MEP but then
you have to have more power in the transports, possibly having to
extend the transports.
 Usually, one-way transports don't provide ACKs because once
there is provision for ACKs, it becomes very simple to provide
for full responses. This is why I'd rather see ACKing on top of
fire-and-forget MEP (specified once) than ACKing specified in
every fire-and-forget transport.
 Best regards,

                   http://www.systinet.com/