Need new MEP for SMTP binding

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 01:23:24 -0500 (EST)
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Currently, the only MEP that's been defined is request/response.  In
starting work on the SMTP protocol binding however, I feel that it's
best to avoid request/response because SMTP is not a request/response
protocol.  To do request/response with SMTP would necessarily be
tunneling, and a major security issue.

Would there be any objections to us defining a new MEP that represents
a one way message with hop-by-hop acknowledgement, like SMTP?  I see
this as being reusable for any binding to a message queue based transfer
protocol.

MB