Re: When is a Fault a Fault?

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:00:39 +0100 (CET)
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
cc: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>, Williams Stuart <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
 Mark,
 do you think it possible to use HTTP as a one-way transport for
SOAP? If so, I don't think you will argue that it cannot be used
as part of a request/response pattern built of two one-way
interactions. But how do you want to send a fault, if that is the
response, in an HTTP request?
 I have yet to see a compelling reason for the chameleon view.
 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/