Re: Web-friendly SOAP

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 02:12:32PM -0700, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
> Not to rain on your parade but I think it's stretching it to say that
> the only universally applicable application is and forever will be HTTP
> :)

Heh, well, I'm not saying that.  I'm just saying that as long as URIs
exist, GET, PUT, and POST will exist.  Other methods may come along
(like WebDAV provides), but they will augment GET/PUT/POST, not replace
them.

Also, I'm talking about the semantics independant of the HTTP
reification of those semantics.  Clearly, other HTTP-like-but-not-HTTP
protocols will come along.  Maybe you can build one on top of SOAP. 8-)

MB