RE: Web-friendly SOAP

 Eric,
 I believe SOAP is logically layered below HTTP because SOAP is
not an application protocol. My WebP would be layered on the same
layer as HTTP, SOAP is somewhere between TCP and HTTP - it
provides message + metadata structure and some useful mechanisms
(like mustUnderstand) but it doesn't provide application
semantics.
 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect, Systinet Corporation