Re: [GETF] okay, here's an updated draft with Henrik's option B

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 10:04:00 +0200
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
CC: "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>

[moving to dist-app]

I have some comments on your proposed changes.

> Note that because no SOAP message is present in the request, the receiving
> SOAP node may not know whether it is talking to a SOAP node or not.

Whilst I agree, I think this applies in general to any SOAP message. For
example, the sender may be sending a pre-constructed SOAP message and may
not be a SOAP node. The receiver has no way to tell the difference.

> If a SOAP fault is generated by the responding SOAP node while it is in
> the Receiving state, the SOAP fault is made available in
> reqres:OutboundMessage and the state machine transitions to the
> Receiving+Sending state.

Doesn't this apply to the request-response MEP as well?

Shouldn't this be described in Table 12 "Responding SOAP Node State
Transitions" instead, rather than in plain text, to comply with this
section's style.