Re: FW: LC Comments: Web Method Feature

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:09:51 -0400
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>, Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@Sun.COM>, "'xml-dist-app@w3.org'" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

With the apology that I am on vacation and have not had a chance to read
the whole thread in detail, I think I agree with Mark B.:  I think that
"safe" is not what we're trying to say, although it is part of it.  At
some point we might want to enable PUT, DELETE, etc., each with a response
that includes a SOAP envelope (a creation or deletion confirmation, for
example.)  The architecture we have sets us up to do that.  Furthermore,
as Mark suggests, I don't want to risk going back to last call over this.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Sent by: xml-dist-app-request@w3.org