Re: One-way messaging in SOAP 1.2

Henrik,

I don't think this is quite the kind of change Noah had in mind; it's
certainly not how I've read his proposal.

My reading of Noah's proposal is less passionate, and does not require any
changes to HTTP's semantics (I believe). Here's the scenario for a one-way
SOAP exqhange using the extra HTTP header proposed by Noah:

  1. The SOAP sender decides to send a one-way message.
  2. It crafts the corresponding envelope and selects a One-Way MEP.
  3. The MEP crafts an HTTP request and adds the "SOAPMessagePattern:
     OneWay" HTTP header.
  4. The receiving SOAP MEP receives the HTTP request, reads the value of
     the "SOAPMessagePattern" header, figures out it is a one-way message,
     and sends back an empty 200 HTTP response (to comply with HTTP's
     semantics).
  5. The SOAP receiver processes the envelope. It DOES NOT return back a
     SOAP response.

Jean-Jacques.