Re: Repost issue: missing accessors same as NILs?

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:34:42 -0500
To: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
>  IMHO "no value is known" is covered by "default" because the
> application can choose to treat missing data as unknown if it
> can choose the default.

I believe the difference between default and unspecified is worth
calling out.  Default raises some questions -- does the application have
to specify a default value out of band somehow?  Can I rely on a default
value at the other side?  Must all omitted elements of the same data
object have the same default?  Etc.
	/r$
--
Zolera Systems, http://www.zolera.com