Re: I-D ACTION:draft-baker-soap-media-reg-00.txt (fwd)

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:45:40 +0100
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
CC: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Mark,

I suggest you update the introduction to match SOAP's reworded
abstract[1]. (The eds have tried to simplify a sentence from the
abstract that you reuse and that readers had had difficulties
with.) The revised text might look like:

     "SOAP 1.2 is an XML Infoset[INFOSET] based protocol
     that defines an envelope and framework for describing
     message contents and processing rules. It also
     describes a transport binding framework which may be
     used to exchange messages using an underlying transport
     protocol."

Also, in section 6, "The 'action' parameter", you refer to SOAP
1.1. Do we really need this reference, i.e. can't we just
describe what the "action" parameter means for SOAP 1.2?

Thank you,

Jean-Jacques.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/1/10/11/soap12-part2.html