RE: IDREF vs HREF for graph edges in SOAP encoding

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:53:15 -0800
To: "Christopher Ferris" <chris.ferris@sun.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

Yes, the SOAP spec doesn't define an encoding/decoding processor; it
defines for better or for worse a mechanism by which data can be encoded
based on the SOAP data model. How that mechanism is implemented is
entirely up to the implementer. IMO, as spec writers we have nothing to
say about specific implementation choices. In this context, I do not
preclude or assume any of the possible solutions you mention.

Henrik