Re: IDREF vs HREF for graph edges in SOAP encoding

From: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:27:22 -0500
To: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
CC: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>, XML dist app <xml-dist-app@w3c.org>
Martin,

MUST NOT be required is different than saying MUST NOT
be used. IMO, we have tghe restriction on "required"
on the part of a recipient of a message, but we do not,
nor IMO can we preclude the receiving SOAP node from
applying whatever processing floats their boat.

A receiver *could* leverage the knowledge that the
attributes named 'id' and 'idref' are implicitly typed
as XML1.0 ID and IDREF, construct a DTD that it used
to process the message.

Cheers,

Chris