Re: Article: Fat protocols slow Web services

[...]

> Asynchronous, message oriented applications have a different design and
> architecture from stateful, RPC oriented apps. They change the way that
> coding is done, they change the way that applications are built, and they
> even alter the expectations of the user base. I think .NET is cool
> technology, but I worry that people out there are going to use VB design
> principles to build applications that will have a major negative impact on
> the web itself. If its just a matter of education, that's great, but I
don't
> want to see the Internet slow to a crawl as 85% of the developer base
learns
> how to build asynchronous messaging applications.
>
> -- Kurt Cagle

Right on, man. But I've got to say that 85% of the developer base WILL apply
VB design principles (single machine, single user, ui oriented, functional
decomposition) until they see it done differently and try it out.
What can we do to make it easier to 'try it out'?
How can we make asynchronous messaging more visible and visceral to
programmers?
Who is going to provide the 'asynch toolkit'?