Re: Media type encoding parameter?

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:00:43 +0100 (CET)
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
 Mark,

 > > To summarize, I don't think anybody has presented rationale for
 > > any parameter to the SOAP MIME type except for "it might be
 > > useful" which I find too weak for the addition.
 >
 > Including "action"?  I thought Henrik described its value well.  I had
 > suggested the same thing a few months earlier too.

 Excluding "action". This parameter (if it's what is represented
by the SOAPAction header now), IMO, does not belong to the MIME
_type_ of the message. But in any case the reasons for SOAPAction
have been considered good enough by the WG and I don't want to
object to this resolution now.

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/