Re: XMLP/XMLE Use cases and processing models

Exactly. Applications which use to use XML Encryption or otherwise expect
to have elements from other namespaces need to be savvy about what they
want to do (e.g., encrypt the content of a SOAP:Header) and how they want
to do it  (e.g., write a flexible, create a new namespace ,etc.)
Applications that haven't done this might have to take some other steps
which won't as easy and straightforward but it's their call. There's no
solution that automatically makes all pre-existing XML applications XML
encryption aware or capable in every possible scenario -- like encryption
the SOAP header itself.