SOAP Encoding and Schema

From: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:19:40 -0000
To: "XML Protocol Discussion" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
During my editorial rewrite of the SOAP Encoding section in terms of the XML
Infoset it has struck me once again how much we actually reference XML
Schema in this part of the spec. We need to come down on one side or the
other. Either we are defining a mapping from the SOAP Data Model to an XML
Schema OR we are defining a mapping from the SOAP Data Model to an XML
Infoset. It is very difficult to do a mixture of the two.

Gudge