RE: Issue with encodingStyle

 Matt,
 in my opinion mixing encodings can (and should) be handled by
every encoding (and data model) that allows such mixing.
 SOAP Data Model has nodes which are structs, arrays and
primitive data typed by XML Schema simple types. XML Schema
simple types don't contain a type for "an XML node", unless we
use the "anyType" thing.
 Therefore I suggest that the change of encodingStyle inside
SOAP Encoding data be done as follows:

 <struct encodingStyle=".../soap/encoding">
    <member xsi:type="int">3</member>
    <other xsi:type="anyType" encodingStyle="other-encoding">
    </other>
 </struct>

 Here we have a struct with two primitive members, one of type
int, second of type "anything", where the deserialization of that
member follows the inner encoding style.
 Even if the xsi:type actually pointed to some concrete schema
type (complex or simple), the changed encodingStyle IMO means
that this node is a simple type from the POV of the SOAP Encoding
data.
 If my view is agreed on, I think it should go in the Encoding
spec somewhere because it affects typing in some cases.
 Best regards,

                   http://www.systinet.com/