TBTF: proposal for issue #57

From: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 00:40:50 -0500
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Issue #57[1] states: "R 604 suggests that there is no info
loss when a SOAP 1.2 message is routed over multiple
transports. SOAPAction Header may be problematic here,
because it is a function of HTTP."

I believe that we can dispense with this issue if we
follow-though on the proposed subission for registration
of the 'application/soap+xml' media type[2] which includes
an 'action' parameter.

Use of this parameter, as opposed to SOAPAction would
provide for the information to be carried over any
MIME-capable transport. As this appears to be the only
"feature" we describe as being expressed external to
the SOAP envelope, I believe that this is sufficient
to close the issue.

Cheers,

Chris

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-issues.html#x57