Re: Draft of position on SOAP's use of XML Internal subset

Terrific.  Certainly no problem about any confusion.  In that spirit, I
just want to doublecheck:  you're now OK with what I've drafted?  If so,
the only outstanding comment is Henry's on DTDs.  I think he and I have
agreed privately that I can deal with that by emphasizing that the infoset
at the original sender is a what Infoset calls a synthetic infoset [1]
(I.e. not in general the result of a document parse), and by replacing the
quote from the draft rec that says:

"The XML infoset of a SOAP message MUST NOT contain a document type
declaration information item."

With the fuller quote

"A SOAP message is specified as an XML Infoset that consists of a document

information item with exactly one member in its [children] property, which

MUST be the SOAP Envelope element information item (see 5.1 SOAP
Envelope). This element information item is also the value of the
[document element] property. The [notations] and [unparsed entities]
properties are both empty. The [base URI], [character encoding scheme] and

[version] properties can have any legal value. The [standalone] property
either has a value of "yes" or has no value.

The XML infoset of a SOAP message MUST NOT contain a document type
declaration information item."

Any disagreement with this strategy?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-infoset/#intro.synthetic

One Rogers Street