Re: Issue 221 (PI in soap documents)

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:35:49 -0400 (EDT)
To: Tom Moog <tmoog@sarvega.com>
cc: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Tom Moog wrote:

> A concrete example of the use of a PI.  An xml document
> may specify the stylesheet to use for formatting via the
> <?xml-stylesheet ...> PI.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet/

Since we can now (if I understand right) deploy SOAP 1.2 services via HTTP
GET, this seems to me to be a rather compelling scenario, since it would
allow a single URI to serve documents that could be styled (XSLT; CSS) for
browser/hypertext/human consumption as well as for SOAP clients.

Dan

--
mailto:danbri@w3.org
http://www.w3.org/People/DanBri/