Re: Proposal for resolving issue 340

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 06:33:19 -0400
To: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org, xml-dist-app-request@w3.org

I would expect that env:DataEncodingUnknown would be similar to
env:Sender, but I suppose that it could be equally compared with
env:MustUnderstand so I could go with either 400 or 500, but think
that 400 would be more suited.

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
phone: +1 508 234 3624

                      Anish Karmarkar
                      <Anish.Karmarkar@        To:       xml-dist-app@w3.org
                      oracle.com>              cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Proposal for resolving issue 340
                      xml-dist-app-requ
                      est@w3.org

                      08/01/2002 03:56
                      AM

All,

I took an AI at the F2F today to send a proposal to resolve issue 340
[1].

Part 1 section 5.4.6 (table 2) contains five fault code values:
VersionMismatch, MustUnderstand, DataEncodingUnknown, Sender and
Receiver.
Table 23 only maps four of these fault code values to HTTP status codes.
It seems like this was an oversight and can be resolved by adding the
following row to table 23:

env:DataEncodingUnknow 500 Internal Server Error.

Comments?

-Anish
--

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-lc-issues.html#x340