RE: Fwd: Moving exc-c14n forward: your response is needed!

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:41:53 -0700
To: <reagle@w3.org>, "Martin Duerst" <duerst@w3.org>, <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com>, "Philippe Le Hegaret" <plh@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-i18n-wg@w3.org>, <w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>, <xml-encryption@w3.org>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Joseph Reagle [mailto:reagle@w3.org]

> If I had the document
>
> <svg xml:base="">
>   <someElement href="foo.xml"/>
> </svg>
>
> and I then put this in a soap envelope.
>
> <soap:envelope xml:base="http://example.org/foo/">
>   <soap:body>
>     <svg xml:base="">
>       <someElement href="foo.xml"/>
>     </svg>
>   </soap:body>
> <soap:envelope>

I note you don't define what you mean by "put this in a soap envelope".
A copy and paste of XML source and an infoset-type insertion such as
XInclude performs would give you different answers.  I also note that
the xml:base attributes in both of the above examples don't do anything
and can be omitted from both examples without vitiating your concerns.