Re: Possible issue on definition of Intermediaries

Henrik,

I think the issue is somewhat different. The text you are quoting (i.e.
section 2.7.3 "Active Intermediaries") is fine. However, the introductory
section for intermediaries (section 2.7.1 "SOAP Intermediaries"), which
covers _both_ forwarding and active intermediaires, says:

     "The semantics of one or more SOAP header blocks in a SOAP
     message, or the SOAP message exchange pattern used MAY require
     that the SOAP message be forwarded to another SOAP node on behalf
     of the initiator of the inbound SOAP message. In this case, the
     processing SOAP node acts in the role of a SOAP intermediary."

which I think rules out active intermediaries, since they are precisely
meant to process messages _even if_ no "SOAP header block" nor "the SOAP MEP
used" require that "the message be forwarded". This is what Hervé was trying
to point out, I believe.

I would suggest that:

  1. We move the 1st paragraph of section 2.7.1 at the top of section 2.7.2.
  2. In that paragraph, we s/SOAP intermediary/SOAP forwarding intermediary/
  3. We move the 2nd paragraph of section 2.7.1 at the end of section 2.7.0
  4. We remove section 2.7.1 entirely (which is effectely achieved by the 1.
     and 3. above)

What do you think?

Jean-Jacques.