Re: Proposal for dealing with issue 200: SOAPAction header vs. ac tion parameter

Chris,

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 08:23:13AM -0400, Christopher Ferris wrote:
> -1
>
> If you want to identify the "tarball" as a SOAP message
> then this can be achieved using 2a at least for multipart/*
> you would have the 'type' parameter which would have
> 'application/soap+xml' as its value and that would identify
> the message as a SOAP message.

AFAIK, the "type" parameter is only for multipart/related per RFC 2387,
not for other multipart/* types.

But even it was on all multipart/* types, are we saying that we can't
use other media types unless they have a means for identifying an
encapsulated type?

MB