Re: Proposal for closing editorial issue 193

Henrik,

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 12:20:51PM -0700, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:

> The SOAP 1.2 editors intend to use the following proposed wording for
> resolving the editorial issue 193 as replacement text for bullet 5 in
> soap 1.2 part 1 [2]:
>
> 	In the case of a SOAP intermediary, and where the
> 	SOAP message exchange pattern and results of
> 	processing (e.g. no fault generated) require that
> 	the SOAP message be sent further along the SOAP
> 	message path, relay the message as described in
> 	section 2.7 Relaying SOAP Messages.
>
> Any reason not to?

We have to be careful not to violate R803 here, as we previously
discussed in regards to issue 192.  The SOAP core specification
cannot know the "results of processing".

One way to fix this would be to say;

   In the case of a SOAP intermediary, and where the
   SOAP message exchange pattern and results of
   processing (e.g. no fault generated, as determined by
   the underlying protocol binding in use on the incoming
   hop) require that the SOAP message be sent further
   along the SOAP message path, relay the message as
   described in section 2.7 Relaying SOAP Messages.

MB