Re: Issue 192 & R803

From: Noah Mendelsohn/Cambridge/IBM <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:13:38 -0500
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Cc: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>, Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>, Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>, xml-dist-app@w3.org
I'm not sure whether, on balance, I like this or not.  IF we go this way,
we are going to have to pick through the spec very, very carefully to look
for every place where the body is referenced explicitly or implicitly,
most especially as it affects the processing model, and make sure we've
got the change right.  For example, we have rules that the body isn't
processed until all mU headers are checked.  Presumably the same applies
to a body-less fault message?  And so on.  I'm only saying that we need to
be very, very careful to get the details right if we attempt a change of
this sort.

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142