Re: [TBTF] proposed edits for incorporating conneg feature for HT TP binding

From: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@sun.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 10:09:06 -0500
To: Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
CC: "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, xml-dist-app@w3.org
+1

I too would prefer if the para in 7.1 said something like:

"Implementations of this binding MUST support, at a minimum, the media
type "application/soap+xml" according to [12]  when transmitting SOAP
Requests or Responses. See [12]  for parameters defined by this media
type and their recommended usage."

I could also see adding a provision that REQUIRED the conneg
feature be implemented if additional media types are supported.

This would allow conformance as well as extensibility.

Cheers,

Chris

<snip/>